Tres Cafes Cupcakes
I just figured out how to make morning cupcakes socially acceptable! And, no, I'm not talking about muffins. I'm saying cupcakes made with my morning cup of International Delight® Mocha Iced Coffee! Oh, it's such a heavenly gluttonous way to start the day! And, you can be extra sweet and thoughtful and bring some for friends or fam!
If morning cupcakes scare you, they make for a killer afternoon pick-me-up! (If I didn't eat them all already, I'd so be having one right now!)
1. DRY. preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In your large mixing bowl, use your spatula to mix together your cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. WET. in your medium mixing bowl, use your electric hand mixer to mix together your sugar and butter.
Once creamy, add in your egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix until you have a smooth creamy batter—about 1 minute.
3. 1 PLUS 2 EQUALS. pour your wet mixture into your dry mixture in your large mixing bowl.
Use your rubber spatula to fold it all together.
Don't overwork your mixture or your cupcakes will become dense.
Add in your International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee in batches using your rubber spatula to fold it in.
Add in your Baileys and fold it into your batter.
Use your extra butter to grease your cupcake pan.
Pour your cupcake batter into your cupcake pan filling each cup 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 20 minutes.
While your cupcakes are baking multitask and make your frosting.
4. FROSTING. in your second medium mixing bowl, combine your confectioners sugar, mascarpone and coffee.
Add in a few tbsp of butter and use your electric hand mixer to thoroughly mix it in.
Continue to add in pieces of butter and mixing them in until they are fully incorporated. Mix until you have frosting—about 5 minutes.
Set aside until your cupcakes have finished baking and are fully cooled.
5. DRIZZLE. combine your International Delight Mocha Iced Coffee and Bailey's in your saucepan.
Cook them down over medium heat while using your spatula to stir consistently.
Add in your confectioners sugar and continue to cook down—about 5 minutes.
If your mixture begins to bubble and rise, lower the heat for a bit.
Refrigerate till you are ready to use it.
6. PILIN' SKY HIGH. use your rubber spatula to transfer your frosting into your piping bag.
In a clockwise motion, spiral your frosting on top of your cupcake.
Sift your powdered sugar over your frosting topped cupcakes.
Place two coffee beans on each cupcake.
Drizzle your, well, drizzle liberally over your cupcakes.
Share a few and eat the rest! Enjoy!